Southern California will see continued rain by Tuesday and once more beginning Friday evening into Sunday.
The extraordinary downpours in Santa Barbara County prompted an evacuation order in Montecito amid flooding and dust sliding off hillsides.
As of seven p.m., giant swaths of the Southland together with San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura and Los Angeles counties had been underneath flash-flood warnings.
Here’s a timeline for what Southern California can count on, in response to the Nationwide Climate Service:
Heaviest rain timing
• San Luis Obispo County: By 6 p.m. Monday
• Santa Barbara County: By 8 p.m. Monday
• Ventura County: By midnight Monday evening
• Los Angeles County: By 4 a.m. Tuesday
Further rain quantities forecast after midday Monday: 2 to 4 inches and 4 to eight inches within the mountains and foothills.
Many of the rain will fall Monday evening, however transient heavy downpours are probably on Tuesday.
Right here is longer-term forecast for L.A. County
Wednesday: Partly cloudy skiesThursday: Cloudy skiesFriday: Largely cloudy, 20% to 30% likelihood of rain within the night after midnightSaturday: Cloudy with a 50% likelihood of rain, rising to 70% at nightSunday: 40% to 50% likelihood of rainMonday, Jan. 16, Martin Luther King Jr. Day: 50% likelihood of rain
Leave a Reply