· Mexico can stay winless in each of their opening two matches of a World Cup marketing campaign for the primary time since 1978 in Argentina, after they misplaced all three group stage video games. That was the latest event El Tri participated in a World Cup and didn’t attain the knockout section.
· Mexico received solely one among their 13 World Cup matches in opposition to CONMEBOL opposition (W1-D3-L9), a 2-1 victory versus Ecuador in Miyagi within the 2002 group stage.
· Mexico have equalled the crew document of failing to attain in three consecutive World Cup video games. That is the third time they’ve accomplished this, after 1958 to 1962 and 1966 to 1970. El Tri’s most up-to-date World Cup goalscorer was Javier Hernández in a 2-1 group stage win versus Korea Republic on 23 June 2018.
· Mexico (98) are two wanting turning into the third crew to concede 100 World Cup objectives. This has already been accomplished by (West) Germany and Brazil.
· Andrés Guardado can equal the event document of taking part in at 5 World Cups. This has been accomplished by Antonio Carbajal (Mexico, 1950-1966), Lothar Matthäus (West Germany/Germany, 1982-1998), Rafael Márquez (Mexico, 2002-2018) and Lionel Messi (Argentina, 2006-2022). Be aware: Cristiano Ronaldo may have joined this listing if he performs for Portugal in opposition to Ghana on 24 November.
· Raúl Jiménez (99) is one wanting 100 appearances for Mexico. He can develop into the fifth centurion in El Tri’s present squad.
· Rogelio Funes Mori was born in Mendoza and made one senior worldwide look for Argentina, in a 2-1 pleasant defeat in opposition to Brazil in Goiânia on 19 September 2012. After switching nationality he grew to become eligible to play for Mexico in 2021.
· Gerardo Martino took over as Argentina supervisor after Alejandro Sabella left after guiding La Albiceleste to the 2014 World Cup last. Martino reached two Copa América finals in command of the nationwide crew, shedding each on penalties in opposition to Chile (2015 and 2016). He resigned after the second of these finals.
· One in all Martino’s 29 video games as Argentina supervisor was a 2-2 pleasant draw in opposition to Mexico in Arlington on 8 September 2015. La Albiceleste trailed 2-0 till the ultimate 5 minutes, when objectives by Sergio Agüero and Lionel Messi earned them a draw.
· Jorge Sánchez and Héctor Moreno are one yellow card away from a suspension.
Courtesy of Gracenote